Journalism I Assignment — Friday, Feb. 19
This is your in-class assignment for Friday, Feb. 19. Be sure to follow instructions and complete by the end of class today. You may complete this by yourself or with one partner. You may use your own device or one of the journalism computers in the lab.
Click on the links below and examine and read the two Bagpiper stories, one on breast cancer, and the other on the Boston bombing.
For each story, answer the following questions:
- How many sources were interviewed?
- Name one specific technique that made each story well written.
- List all of the sidebars used with each story. How did these sidebars add to each story?
- Name one specific design decision that makes each story well designed.
- Brainstorm and list one possible editorial topic for each story.
- Brainstorm and list one possible column topic for each story.
Write up and submit these responses in the Leave a Comment section to the left of this posting. Important: Be sure to include YOUR NAMES in the response to receive credit. Be aware of the fact that your comments will likely not show up immediately, as I have to approve them. Also, be sure that your responses are well edited to receive full credit.