English 12 Honors: Points to consider from The Tragedy of Macbeth
Preparing for your essay test over The Tragedy of Macbeth? You might want to think about these ideas:
• To what extent is Macbeth a tragic hero? Does he have a tragic flaw, and if so, what is it and how does it lead to his downfall?
• What events most illustrate Macbeth’s gradual fall? Which specific event most pushes him beyond redemption?
• How is The Tragedy of Macbeth a story of manipulation? Who manipulates Macbeth and how? To what extent is Macbeth responsible for his actions?
• How does the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth alter during the play?
• What is the significance of blood in the play? Of sleep and sleeplessness?
One final point: I am about to watch the IU-Ohio State game. Remember: a double-digit Hoosier win means donuts for everyone tomorrow! So, go IU!!